unrepresented, unloved and better than you. we are not afraid of you and we will kick your ass. because women's football is better.
Except among a clique of female athletes in Medellín and at other elite training centers, the identities of the players are unknown. I ask almost every football fan I meet, man or woman, from Bogotá to Medellín to Popayán, if they recognize the name of Yoreli Rincón, the sublime 17-year-old midfielder who established herself at the U-20 Women’s World Cup in Germany in 2010, where Colombia reached a semifinal. The name draws a blank. Now having risen to the sport’s biggest stage, Colombia’s players are heirs to an undocumented history that few know or bother to ask about.
blog comments powered by Disqus
- brightbi9yy likes this
- blacklocrp6 likes this
- mapazcall likes this
- ageostrophy reblogged this from fuckyeahwomensfootball
- pnasty likes this
- nationofrachel reblogged this from fuckyeahwomensfootball
- spandexandsportsbras likes this
- throughtosunrise reblogged this from fuckyeahwomensfootball
- arsenalhearted likes this
- fuckyeahwomensfootball posted this